Breaking Away Summary

THIS IS MY BLOG! Mostly used for my first fan-fiction: Breaking Away. Breaking Away takes place three years after Breaking Dawn. Marcus has taken over the Volturi after Aro's strange disappearance after the death of his wife. He has forced Edward, Alice, and Bella to join the Volturi while the human world burns into oblivion. Yes, you guessed it- Marcus has allowed vampires to roam free, killing people at will and now the entire universe knows about vampire existence. Meanwhile, Nessie and Jake are traveling across America to escape from Demetri who was sent to drag Renesmee to Volterra. Will Edward, Bella, and Alice be able to escape Marcus' clutches and the cold walls of Volterra to save Renesmee from a terrible fate? How much time does Jacob have to prove his love for Renesmee, before it's too late? Read my fic, I'll prove my liturature ablities! :) Happy hunting, Forbidden Apples.

Monday, July 26, 2010

Breaking Away Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Suggested soundtrack for this chapter: Ashes by City of the Fallen (I highly suggest you listen to this EPICNESS while reading this chapter!!)

Renesmee’s POV



“Hello.” A daunting voice comes at me from above. It falls to the ground right in front of me and all I can focus on is the sharp, gleaming white teeth of its mouth as it says its greetings. The vampire smiles, revealing his teeth’s razor-sharp points. His dirty, pale hand ghosts over to feel a curl of my scarlet hair.

“You smell lovely.”

My eyes open wide as I take in the situation. This man is a vampire, cold and strong. He obviously takes no note of my glowing skin, overcome with his thirst for the human blood rushing through my veins with adrenaline. I take a step back and he automatically steps forward, our feet moving in a frenzied dance as his black clothes swish around him.

“Get away from me!”

He smiles and lifts the hood off of his cloak, revealing his handsome face. The cold structure is menacing, to match his personality. His cheeks are sharp, and defined. The hard curve of his chin gave him masculinity as well as his broad shoulders. The vampire’s eyes were slits as he focused on my face. Then, slowly, he ran a dark red tongue over his thin bottom lip, lusting for the kill and taste of my blood. I’m about to scream for Jacob when he sprints behind me suddenly, and secures a bitter hand to my mouth, muffling my cry. I try to bite him with my sharp teeth, but he holds me firm. He must be even stronger then Emmett. I could guess his power.

“Don’t move,” he purrs in my ear, his teeth grazing my lobe. “I want this to last…” The vampire in black takes his hand off my mouth but presses it on my lip, ordering me to be silent. One of his arms wraps around my waist like an iron girder. Then, he pulls a veil of hair back from my neck and my skin prickles from the chill.

I kick his shin with enough force to knock down a fifty-foot-tall iron pillar, but he barely flinches. My arms hastily whip up to his face and claw at the cheeks as I feel his teeth graze my exposed neck… My ears took in irritating scraping sounds like that of nails on a chalk board as I have my way at his face, gouging cracks into his diamond skin.

“YOU BRAINLESS HUMAN!” He roars and pushes me back so he can protect himself, his hands caressing his own face as it heals slowly. Inheriting my mother’s lack of equilibrium, I fall into the trunk of a tree, and scrape my hands. They draw blood.

The dark vampire’s black eyes immediately pin-point to my hands. He hisses and lunges toward me, but I’m too fast. I leap out of the way just before he lands on me, and the vampire crashes into the tree, leaves falling everywhere. The black vampire hisses at me and a chill runs up my spine. A scream finally escapes my throat as I run, hair thrashing around my face angrily, like fire, and my arms are propelling hard.

“Jacob! JACOB!” I shriek in the direction of where he should be sleeping. I hear the vampire’s harsh breaths from behind me, and my speed quickens. Suddenly a mass lunges forward from behind, and perches on my back. The vampire. He slashes his hand through the air, connecting with my right shoulder blade and I cry out in pain. I lose footing and crash to the ground, my hands out to break my fall as I roll down a steep hill, catching leaves, mud, and bugs in my hair and on my clothes.

I hear an ominous chuckle from on top of the hill as I finally come to a halt. Grabbing a tree for fear of slipping again, I hide at the rear the tree, and hold my breath. I know he’ll hear it if I breathe. The roots of this tree are very large, so I seize hold of them for support as I sit down, making myself as small as possible. Shuffling sounds come from above, and they’re getting closer. The vampire laughs again; he’s about fifteen feet away from my hiding place.

Where is Jacob?

I know the vampire will find me. I have to run. Before my mind even decides, my legs are pumping. I blur up the hill through the underbrush, thrashing out with my hands to block branches and pointy needles.

“I see you.” The whisper is far now, but still there. His feet recede, and I let out my breath. My mind is racing. I can’t run from him forever, and he leaving is probably just a distraction. Or he’s going after Jacob. I need to get to Jacob before my enemy... I need to do that.

Doubling back, I keep a watchful eye out for the vampire, but he’s vanished. Panicking, I run as fast as I ever have before toward Jacob and my campsite. I barely make out the small encirclement where it lays, when a loud crash echoes throughout the mountains.

“Jacob?”

I break through the line of trees to our campsite, and watch the spectacle in horror. The sinister vampire is standing not three meters away from my wolverine, holding a large rock. What would he need that for? Then I find out. The vampire compresses the bulky rock into a solid, jagged arrow. The point is so razor-sharp I can’t even see the tip of it with my vampire eyesight. He’s going to throw it with amazing velocity; that I can tell.

Straight into Jacob’s heart.

I gasp. Growls rumble from Jacob’s chest as his eyes pin down the enemy. He glances toward me and the urgency in his eyes suffocates my heart. I step a few feet toward him, wanting to help. He barks at me, ferocious teeth bearing, and I step back. The vampire in black smirks at me as he bounces his weapon of choice in his hand; this rival is clever. He knows that shape-shifters are faster then vampires, so he chose a weapon that would be faster than his boney claws alone. The venom in his eyes are so bloodcurdling I knew the only choice if I wanted to save my love.

With a scream, I run, jump ten feet into the air, and pounce on the vampire, my feet resting on his shoulder blades. My palms instinctually wrap around his neck in a chokehold. He screams and his arms grab hold of my wrists and he throws me over his head. I land on my back, air rushing out of my lungs. I haven’t any time to recover before he seizes hold of my hair, and drags me to him.

Jacob roars and leaps toward the vampire, teeth bared and sharp enough to penetrate vampires’ diamond skin. The vampire chuckles enigmatically and releases my hair, then takes hold of the rock.

“No, Please!” I shout, and scramble up from the ground. “Don’t hurt him! Take me!” But I know he won’t listen to me. Vampires don’t make deals.

“Bye-bye, puppy.” He seethes, and launches the arrow at Jacob with blinding speed, too swift for me to see. I hear Jacob yelp as the shard connects to his chest, and he falls, blood splurging out of his wound.

“No!”

I rush over to my fallen Jacob, as he convulses and shifts back into human form. He lays there, naked, and my hands grasp his face. “Jacob?! Please, talk to me. Say something.” Tears spill over my lids relentlessly and pour down my cheeks like waterfalls. They land over Jacob’s bloody, mangled chest.

“Take. It. out.” Jacob orders me through his teeth, and points to the rock engraved in him. His eyes are squeezed tightly in agony.

“I can’t!” I beg him, trying to make him see logic. “You’ll bleed out, it’s too dangerous!”

“Renesmee,” he pronounced each syllable softly, his tongue moving lazily against his teeth. “You need to… take it out. So I can…heal.”

It’s too risky. Jacob won’t be able to heal fast enough before he bleeds out on the cold, hard ground of these god-forsaken Rocky Mountains. I glare up at the vampire who damaged my existence. He slowly walks toward me, with deranged eyes. His thirst must be unimaginable with Jacob here, bleeding profusely. The only reason he is be able to contain himself is because Jacob’s blood is repulsive, even to my nose. I look at the sharp rock in Jacob’s body and take a deep breath. I have to do this.

With a cry, I rip it out of Jacob’s chest and he screams, the sound echoing of the mountains, causing birds to scatter throughout the land. I take the shard and throw it at the vampire, causing a distraction. He catches it easily in his hand for he breaks it into pieces leisurely with his long fingers.

“Enough of this.” He hisses, and grabs my arm. “I’m done playing games.” The vampire forces me away from Jacob, who’s panting, arms sprayed out across the ground, his stomach rising and falling fast as he heals. Blood pours out of him and my throat burns.

“You,” the vampire continues. “…I want you.”

He pushes my hair back again, and bites my neck.

I squeal as fire scorches my skin. I bring my hand back and it connects with his face, driving him back a few inches. I strike him again, and he falls back a foot, dazed, and confused. He rubs his mouth, and I see a crack forming on his chin.

“Well the hell are you?!” he demands as the crack seals. “I clearly smell the blood in your body, it rushes through your veins in the most lovely sound.” He sniffs the air. “I see your glowing skin. Yet you run with wolves?” The vampire shakes his head, and steps toward me. My hand is at my neck, trying to stifle the fire. Silent screams are scattering through my mind, but I hold them back, glued to this man’s words.

“You’re a human, and a vampire, who’s in actions with a werewolf.” He steps to me again, and I collapse into his arms as my body convulses with torture of this fire. “You don’t belong to anyone, lovely.” He says seductively, and I squirm in his grip as fire insists to gouge its way out of my neck.

“But you can belong to me.” The vampire presses his lips to my throat, and I feel a sensation I’ve never felt before. Blood draining from my body. This is the end.

My eyes settle on Jacob, as I watch him twist and quiver under his own anguish. A scream brakes from his lips. I can visibly see his heart beating, fighting, to stay alive through the hole in his chest. My Jacob will not survive.

Tears fall silently down my cheeks and my eyes droop in fatigue. I lamely push my hands at the vampire’s face, causing him to lift his head slightly, and look at me. Surprised he’s able to stop sucking my blood, I ask him a question.

“What’s… your name?” I ask of him. A name. He can give me that much.

“Zach.” He says plainly, and licks his lips of extra blood. Zach is the name of my love’s murderer. It is a name I will wipe off the earth.

With a burst of spare strength and adrenaline, I spin around and thrust my foot up into contact of Zach’s straight nose. He shrieks in surprise as his nose falls off, down into the soft dirt. He’s lost his sense of smell; it must be incredibly confusing for him. Taking advantage of the distraction, I kick him again in the throat, chipping it greatly. Zach falls back onto the ground and chokes out unrecognizable curses through the hole in his esophagus.

Zach pushes himself from the soil and lunges at me. But- I have Alice’s skills on my side. She taught me evasive battle strategy as soon as Mom and Dad had been whisked away to Volterra, knowing I would need it. I let Zach capture my wrists, but to his revelation, I twist, and throw him over my head, straight into a large boulder. He coughs as some debris gets caught in his throat.

I flash to Zach with blinding speed, flying over my fading Jacob, who’s still bleeding into the dirt. His tissues aren’t able to develop enough to block his vital organs, and he’s suffering infection and loss of blood. With a cry I leap onto Zach, my body connecting with his, and seize his head. His hands quickly grab my arms to try to push me off, but I am strong now, the fire is leaving my body slowly. I rip his head of hastily, and dismantle his body, limb from limb, like Alice trained me.

As Zach’s appendages start to twitch and reassemble themselves, I scurry over to my pack and find the lighter. I gouge a hole in it, and pour the oil all over Zach’s body before I light it and throw it onto him. It blazes rapidly, and quickly covers all of his skin, throwing off rainbows into the morning light and sending a choking purple smoke into the sky. I stand there until every single black thread of his cloak has vanished before I slowly turn to face Jacob.

His breathing is shallow. His whole body is drenched in sweat as he shivers. I run over to my pack, and bring out a blanket. I quickly cover him, and lay next to my Jacob, savoring the last moments.

Jacob opens his eyes and stares at my face. No words can describe this moment, so none are said. We lay there, staring at each other for the better part of an hour. Suddenly, his body convulses as he coughs up blood. I wipe his mouth with the sleeve of my shirt and caress his cheek.

“I’m sorry,” I sob, and wrap my arm around his stomach, careful not to disturb his mangled chest. My tears stain his shirt with salt water as I lean into Jacob.

“D-don’t be.” He smiles a little, and painfully drapes a steaming arm around my shoulders, his hand in my hair, and his lips to my forehead. “Its not-t, y-y-you’re fault.” His teeth chatter. I hold him closer.

“I’m going to die.” Jacob continues, and kisses my hair. I weep, and smother his face with kisses as tears connect and sizzle on his hot skin.

“No,” is my reply. “Jake, you’ll be okay. I can take care of you.” I blubber.

He laughs softly, and then flinches as it hurts him. “I-I know you c-can. I s-saw what you did with that g-guy.”

I press my index and middle finger to his lips, silencing them. “Please, don’t say anything. It will drain you, and I don’t want you to lose your strength.”

Timidly, I lift the blanket, which now has a large red stain on it, to check Jacob’s wound. It looks exactly the same as it did when Zach dragged me away. I knew he wasn’t going to recover, but I kicked myself for giving into hope.

We lay there for another hour as Jacob’s breaths come more shallow, his grip less tight on mine. The end is coming. I gaze up at the sun, now in the middle of the sky. It breaks through the barrier of trees and shines on my face. I gaze up at Jacob, who seems oddly peaceful as he takes in a mouthful of air. His heartbeat is slow, and pumping lazily, about to give up. I squeeze him tight.

“I dreamt of our life together, did you know that?” I tell him, settling down for a story. “This morning, I was thinking about how our life should be together. We were both so happy.” I wait for him to comment, but he says nothing, probably not wanting to spoil the moment. “We had two midnight-haired children, and they were so beautiful, Jacob. So beautiful.” I huffed and snuggled closer to him, if humanely possible.

“They had successful lives, so unique they were, and our grandchildren always came to see us. We were so happy, Jacob. You built us a stunning house with a really big porch, and we would sit on the swing there, drinking iced tea. Holding hands.”

I took this opportunity to grasp his hand tightly in mine. He gave it a weak squeeze, and plastered a smile on his face. He turned to me to look me straight in the eye as he exhaled three momentous words.

“I love you.”

And then breathes no more.

His skin grows cold as we lay there together. Jacob’s arm is limp against my back. I take the dirty blanket off his chest, and throw it away from us. My palm reaches his cheek and I stay there for hours, gazing at his calm face. My Jacob is dead. I have no future left besides my family, and they’re gone. I press my lips against his for the last time.

“I love you, too.”

End of Chapter Six.

1 comment:

  1. Are you tired of being human, having talented brain turning to a vampire in a good posture in ten minutes, Do you want to have power and influence over others, To be charming and desirable, To have wealth, health, without delaying in a good human posture and becoming an immortal? If yes, these your chance. It's a world of vampire where life get easier,We have made so many persons vampires and have turned them rich, You will assured long life and prosperity, You shall be made to be very sensitive to mental alertness, Stronger and also very fast, You will not be restricted to walking at night only even at the very middle of broad day light you will be made to walk, This is an opportunity to have the human vampire virus to perform in a good posture. If you are interested contact us on Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete